3 Healthy Homemade Dog Food Recipes With Chicken to Spoil Your Dog With!
Every dog owner wants to do something for their dog that expresses all our love and affection. What better way to do this than with a home-cooked meal? Even if you're not a master chef these recipes are so easy and simple you'll do a great job!
So here are 3 homemade dog food recipes with chicken to try:
Home-cooked dog food recipes chicken leads to the better overall health of your dog because it has no preservatives and more nutrients than industrial-grade commercial food. This recipe is by dogsholic.com, a fun and informative blog for all things dog!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, green beans, potatoes, broccoli)
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- Start by chopping the chicken breasts into bite size pieces and sauté them in oil until cooked.
- Add the chicken broth, rolled oats, and chopped vegetables in the pan and simmer from 10 to 15 minutes.
Chicken Rice Balls
This recipe is a courtesy of Mommy? I’m Hungry! Rachelle got the idea of making food for her dog, Winks, from a friend. She combined her knowledge from reading and her own creativity to bring us this whole chicken dog food recipe!
- 4-5 C. cooked brown rice
- 16 oz frozen peas
- 2 plain whole chickens, about 4 lbs each
- 2 small bunches fresh parsley leaves
- 2 medium orange sweet potatoes (yams), chopped
- 2 small-medium bunches kale, stems removed
- 8 whole carrots, chopped
- 8 eggs
- Roast chicken in 350' oven for about 1 hour 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Cook the rice (4 C. water & 2 C. rice) and let cool.
- Add the yams and carrots to a large stock pot with about 1/2 cup water. Add in peas, kale and apple. Allow to boil then simmer until carrots and yams are tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to remove any liquid to a food processor, add fresh parsley and pulse until pureed.
- Cook scrambled eggs, plain.
- Cool chicken, then pick apart and add meat to a large stand mixer. On medium speed, mix until chicken is shredded. Add in cooled rice, veggie puree and eggs. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out portions onto a lined baking sheet. Flash freeze then place portions in a freezer safe container/baggie.
- To use, keep a day or two worth in your fridge to thaw. I microwave thawed portions for 22 seconds, frozen for about 45 seconds.
Carrot Chicken Cake
No meal is finished without some dessert, even for dogs. If you’re looking for the yummiest dog food recipes with chicken but make it a cake, this is it!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 350g minced chicken
- 4 eggscup grated carrot
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup corn oil
- Icing: Low sugar yogurt or peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour the tin
- Make a puree of the minced chicken in a food processor with corn oil and eggs
- Add carrots to the meat mixture and blend everything perfectly.
- In another mixing bowl, take the flour and baking powder and stir them well with the oatmeal
- Pour the blended mixture to the flour mixture and slowly stir.
- Once properly mixed, pour this mixture to the cake tin
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes
- Take the cake out and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Spread the yogurt or peanut butter on top of the cake.
We can’t forget treats since they make up 10% of your dog’s diet. To always be reassured that you’re giving your dog only the very best for treat, try our selection of treats that pair with all the recipes in this blog!
Too busy to bake? The Dog Bakery does the work for you! We make dog birthday cakes that your pup will absolutely love. Order yours here. Happy cooking!