Your pup is just as much of a family member to you as anyone else, so it’s only natural that you’d want to celebrate their birthday. Your furry friend can look forward to fun new toys, outdoor adventures, and of course, plenty of delicious treats! But where can you find these treats? It’s hard to find high-quality, dog-friendly birthday cupcakes at most stores, but don’t worry, you still have plenty of options!
Of course, there’s always the option of making your own unique dog cupcakes, but if you do some looking you can find some great vendors as well. On that note, let’s take a look at some of the best birthday cupcakes for dogs, two homemade and two premade!
1. Dog Cupcakes With Frosting
First up, take a look at these delicious peanut butter and banana pupcakes with mashed potato “frosting,” courtesy of RecipeTinEats! The author originally made these pupcakes for their own dog’s birthday, but loved the result so much that they had to share, and we can see why. They’re soft, they’re fluffy, they’re perfectly moist, and they’re guaranteed to be an instant favorite with any pup!
The problem with most human cupcakes is that they’re absolutely packed with sugar and unhealthy carbs, with a huge amount of fat from the icing to boot. While they’re a delicious treat for us humans, they’re way too much for even a large dog, so this recipe uses much simpler milder ingredients. Needless to say, there’s no plain white sugar here! Any sweetness comes from the peanut butter, the honey, or the bananas, but the results are every bit as appealing as their human-friendly counterparts. Give them a shot if you want to make your pup’s birthday a great one!
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter (not sweetened with xylitol)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour of your choice
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup oil of your choice
- ¾ cup water
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup low-fat unsweetened yogurt or sour cream
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- 12 small dog biscuits (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-muffin muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Place the bananas in a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add in the peanut butter, honey, and eggs, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and water, and whisk until smooth.
- Evenly fill the holes in the muffin tin with the pupcake batter. Each hole should be about ¾ full. Bake the pupcakes for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before frosting.
- While you’re waiting for the pupcakes to cool, start on the frosting by boiling the cubed potatoes until soft and crumbly.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the yogurt/sour cream, honey, and water, then mix with an electric beater until smooth. If needed, add water until a frosting-like consistency is achieved.
- Put the frosting in a piping bag, pipe it in a spiral over the pupcakes, add a dog bone biscuit as a garnish, and serve!
2. Dog Cupcakes
These delicious pupcakes from A Saucy Kitchen are the perfect solution if you’re looking for a delicious birthday cupcake for your dog in a smaller recipe size. The original author recommends serving them as two regular-sized pupcakes or one giant treat if you’re looking for a larger birthday treat to split between your pups. Whatever you decide to do, though, these pupcakes are one of our favorite recipes, and we think they’ll be your favorite, too.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also incredibly simple and easy to make, requiring only four ingredients that you probably already have lying around the house. It gets plenty of that classic birthday treat sweetness from apples and peanut butter and is also completely wheat-free for those with dogs who are allergic to wheat or gluten. If you’re looking for an easy way to make the perfect birthday treat for your pup, this is the recipe for you! (And hey, we won’t judge you if you want to try one out for yourself!)
- ½ apple, diced
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, plus a bit extra for the frosting (Xylitol free!)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Bacon bits (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until fully combined.
- Line two holes in a cupcake pan or two ramekins, and spoon in the pupcake batter.
- Bake the pupcakes for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and allow to cool completely.
- If desired, spread the extra peanut butter and crumble the bacon bits over the tops of the pupcakes and serve!
Premade Cupcakes for Dogs Near Me
Of course, not everyone has the time to make treats for their furry friends at home. However, you may still want to give your pup some special treats to enjoy. If that’s the case, we at The Dog Bakery have just what you need! We’ve made it our mission to create the best dog cupcakes for dogs that money can buy by using natural, dog-friendly ingredients, no cheap fillers, and handmade care. If you’re interested, feel free to take a look at two of our favorites!
1. Wheat-Free Confetti Paw Cakes
First up, there’s our delicious wheat-free Confetti Paw Cakes! They’re perfectly sized for even small dogs to enjoy, but they’re packed with enough flavor to satisfy the pickiest pups. We’re committed to ensuring your pup’s health and your peace of mind, so we’ve only used ingredients that you can see and pronounce, with none of the cheap fillers or artificial preservatives that other brands have.
With natural and flavorful ingredients like honey, applesauce, and yogurt, these pupcakes pack a delicious punch that your pups won’t be able to get enough of. They’re a wholesome and tasty treat that’ll make a memorable birthday experience for any pup!
2. Grain-Free Pupcakes
A Dog Bakery classic, these grain-free Pupcakes are a favorite among humans and pups alike. Instead of being made with chocolate, we decided to go with carob, a popular chocolate substitute that’s perfectly safe (and every bit as delicious!) for your furry friends to enjoy! On the outside, there’s a rich, indulgent layer of carob frosting and a tasty yogurt drizzle. On the inside, there’s a deliciously decadent carob snack cake that dogs just can’t resist!
As you’d expect, we’ve put the same level of care, quality, and attention to detail that we at The Dog Bakery are known for. Like always, we’ve used only the highest-quality natural ingredients and sweeteners like honey and carob.
Best of all, these pupcakes are completely safe for dogs that are allergic to gluten and grain! Instead of using standard all-purpose flour, we opted for flour made from buckwheat, which is gluten-free and perfectly safe for your allergy-prone pups. High-quality, delicious, and allergy-friendly, these pupcakes are one of the best birthday cupcakes for your furry friend!
Rocky Kanaka is an entrepreneur, pet rescue advocate and dog dad to a rescue boxer named Flip, a blind Cane Corso called Kobe, and a terrier mix named Zoey. He's also a pet chef and owner of The Dog Bakery, which specializes in dog birthday cakes
and fresh baked dog treats. His three dogs can't get enough of the dog cakes and treats!
Lorna Paxton Ladd is a passionate dog lover and enthusiast of The Dog Bakery. She loves spoiling her 3 rescue dogs with dog cakes
and jerky. A 15 year veteran in the pet industry, her aim is to educate pet parents on the best recipes, products, tips and tricks to optimize the human/canine bond. Her favorite product at The Dog Bakery are the customizable dog birthday cakes.