Whether it's for a special occasion or just to give our best furry friends a special treat for being pawtastic, a dog cake recipe with meat is the perfect way to spoil them. My dogs only like 'meaty' treats, so for my pup's 15th birthday I knew the cake would need to be meat-based. So I searched the internet, tried, tested and found my favorite top 3 dog cake recipe with meat for you to try!
All three recipes use healthy ingredients, they are completely dog-friendly, you can customize them to your own doggies taste, and most importantly, our dogs wolfed them down!
Doggy Meatloaf Cake
This recipe from Lady and Pups went down a treat with my pooch, and it doesn't have any added salt or sugar. You can add some extra ingredients such as organs if you want to adapt it for your dog too!
- 1 cup of diced broccoli
- 1/4 cup of diced carrot
- 1 shallot peeled (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic smashed
- 9.2 oz skinless and boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 9.2 oz lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of cooked white rice
- 3/4 cup of quick-cooking oats
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Potato Frosting Ingredients
- 2 large starchy potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven on 350 F
2. In a blender mince the shallot, garlic, carrot and broccoli and set aside.
3. In a blender mince skinless and boneless chicken thighs until smooth and sticky.
4. Now add the beef and the cooked white rice and pulse for one minute.
5. Now add the quick-cooking oats and one large egg and pulse for one minute until smooth and sticky.
6. Then add the flaxseed oil, and toasted sesame oil, and run for a further minute.
7. Finally, add the vegetables back to the food processor, and eun until evenly combined.
8. Taking a 5 1/2" round cake tin, lined with parchment paper add your cake mixture.
9. Bake in the oven for approx. 45 min or until an inserted skewer comes out clean
1. Boil your potatoes until they are soft
2. Strain and add to the food processor with the unslated butter, mixing until smooth and sticky. You can either just frost the outside of your cake, or slice it through the middle and add a potato filling too!
Dog Cake For Meat Lovers
A little quicker to rustle up than other options, this dog cake from Personal Creations was easy to make and it smelled delicious! I also added some sweetcorn because my dog is a huge fan and it worked perfectly. Beef is one of the best sources of protein for dogs and has a range of vitamins him or her fit and healthy.
- 1 pound of beef (lean and grounded)
- An egg
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cups of peas (fresh/frozen)
- Frosting ingredients
- 1 potato
- 1/2 cup water
- Carrots, peas or your dogs favorite veg.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Chop and then boil your potatoes until they are soft.
3. Mix together the egg, oats, meat, and veg
4. Grease the tins with the oil and add the ground beef.
5. Cook for approx. 35 minutes until the meat is cooked throughout.
6. Add the potatoes that have been boiled to a bowl and blend with a mixer or masher.
7. Once your cakes are cool you can add your potato frosting and for decoration sprinkle with peas and carrots or your dogs favorite veg!
Dog Birthday Cake Beef recipe
This recipe is my personal favorite, mainly because I could play around with the ingredients and make it just how my dog likes it. Also, it was easy to prepare and it made a good-sized cake. It will stay fresh in the fridge for three to five days.Cake Ingredients
- 12 oz of minced Beef
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of oil (corn or flaxseed)
- Parsley (Optional)
- Half cup grated Carrot (Optional)
- Cream CheeseInstructions
1. Preheat your oven to 350
2. Grease and flour a cake tin
3. Puree the Beef food processor, with eggs and oil
4. Grate your carrot or finely cut your parsley, both optional.
5. Adding them to the meat mixture and mix together.
6. Add flour, oatmeal and baking powder to your mixing bowl.
7. Make a dip in the middle of the flour mixture and slowly stir in the meat and veg mix.
8. Pour into the cake tin (greased)
9. Cook for approx. 60 minutes
10. Let the cake cool for around 30 minutes
11. Cover the top of the cake with cream cheese frosting.
You can add dog birthday cake decorations of your choice - treats, vegetables or fruit.
And that rounds up our top 3 dog cake recipe with meat, we hope that you and your pup enjoy them as much as ours did!