Dogs bring so much joy into our lives. The least you can do to repay your dog is showing her how much you also love her, especially on her birthday. Birthdays are always special for us, so why shouldn't they be special for our furry friends too? Even if you don't know what day your dog was born, feel free to pick one from your calendar and go all our for your pet.
Cakes have always been a permanent fixture in birthday celebrations everywhere and it should be the same for pets. There are many types of cakes you can make for your dog, some of which don't even require you to turn on your oven. The following are 4 easy no bake dog cake recipes that you can try:
1. Dog Food Cake
Recipe & photo by Created by Diane
- 1 1/2 cups Dog food (any dry dog food that your dog loves will work)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix your dog food, pumpkin puree, and peanut butter in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs but sticks together well.
- Press the mixture into a 4-inch mini cake pan until it takes the form of a cake.
- Remove it from the cake pan.
- Mix your frosting ingredients and spread the mixture all over your cake. Decorate and add flavor with sprinkles.
2. Dog Treats Cake
Photo and Recipe by Kolchakpuggle.com
This very easy to make, no bake dog birthday cake only needs two ingredients and will drive your dog crazy as it combines two of his favorite food in the world; treats and meat.
- approximately 25 thin, grain free treats ( the dog treats should be as thin as possible)
- 1 can of mostly meat canned dog food. (should be grain free)
- On a cake plate or any plate, you feel comfortable having dog food on, spread one tablespoon of the dog food into any shape you desire, but a circle is best.
- Press some of the dog treats on top of the dog food layer in a circular pattern.
- Spread the second tablespoon of canned dog food on top of the layer of treats, then on top, press the second layer of treats. Keep alternating layers of treats and canned food until the cake is your desired height.
- Cover your cake with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least 12 hours. During this time, the treats will absorb moisture from the dog food, making them easily sliceable and delicious.
- Remove the cake from the fridge and serve to your dog.
3. Raw Dog Birthday Cake
Recipe & Photo by MojoAndFriends
This cake is delicious and packed with nutrients that will boost your dog's health.
- 250 grams minced duck
- 250 grams minced beef
- a handful of berries
- 6 dehydrated sprats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Thaw out your minced meats and set them on four cake tins or flat bowls, making two layers of minced beef and two layers of minced duck.
- Place the tins in the freezer for 3 hours until frozen solid.
- Remove the layers from the tins and stack all 4 layers while alternating the types of meat.
- Drizzle some melted coconut oil on top and watch as it slowly firms up in a minute.
- Add small drops of the coconut oil and use it as adhesive to stick the berries.
- Drizzle some coconut oil on the sides and use it to stick the dehydrated sprats.
- Serve while frozen or leave it to thaw for dogs who don't like frozen foods.
ProTip- Spoil Your Pup With A Furbo Dog Camera
We highly recommend a Furbo Dog Camera. It allows you to see, talk and toss treats to your dog from anywhere. This way you can chat with your dog while you're at work AND throw dog treats to your pup remotely! You'll even get a daily summary video with all of your dogs activities!
4. Frozen banana and Peanut butter Pupcakes
Photo and Recipe by LolathePitty
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- unsweetened almond milk ( you can also use water)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1. Combine your peanut butter, plain yogurt, and diced ripe banana and blend until smooth.
2. Add your almond milk or water, a little at a time until everything blends well.
3. Pour the mix into muffin tins (or cake pan if you want one cake) and freeze until solid.
4. When you are ready to serve, remove them from the freezer and allow them to thaw slightly before serving.
5. Beef and potato dog Cake
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of frozen peas (take extra for garnishing)
- ¼ cup of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of shredded cheese
1 or 2 medium-size potato or sweet potato
- Place the potato/es in a hot pan full of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and mix, as if making meatloaf. Split it up evenly between greased baking tins, flattening the texture to make neat 'pattie' forms.
- Put the mixture in the freezer for around 30 minutes.
- Peel off and mash cooked potatoes until soft, adding water as required to achieve a seamless and spreadable consistency.
- To cover, take spoonful and structure mashed potatoes among both and over two of the meat cakes. To achieve the appearance of a frosted center, place a thick coat between both two cakes. Then, spread the outer of the cake.
- Use the rest of the peas to garnish the cake's top.
To bring color and various designs to your dog's cake, you can use a variety of dog-friendly vegetables or treats!
6. No bake Dog's pancake
Photo and Recipe by Greenevi
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon of ground sunflower seeds
- 100 grams smoked tofu
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup of plant milk (or you can use vanilla soy milk)
- sliced cucumber and coconut for decoration
- In a food processor or blender, pulse oats until oat flour forms.
- Blend in bananas and milk in oat flour until smooth pancake batter.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. If your pan isn't nonstick, grease it with coconut oil.
- Using a small spoon, add the pancake’s batter to the hot pan and cook for about 2 minutes from both sides.
- You'll probably wind up with about 4-5 small pancakes. Allow them to cool completely.
- For frosting, start blending or processing the tofu and tahini in a blender or food processor. Add about a third of a cup of milk at a time, till it attains a thick, hummus-like texture.
- To put the cake together, place a dab of tofu frosting on a plate, followed by a pancake. Spread some tofu and tahini frosting on the first pancake, then top with the second. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Don’t assemble more than 5-6 small pancakes for making a cake. Furthermore, ensure that all of the ingredients are cold so that they don't melt together.
- Use the leftover tofu cream to frost the sides of the cake. Lastly, decorate the cake with cucumber and coconut slices.
7. No-bake small or mini dog birthday cake
Photo and Recipe by Bakinginpink
- 1 small cup of dog’s dry food
- 1 small size banana
- 1 tablespoon of sugar-free peanut butter
- Dog treats (for topping)
- Take some dog’s dry food, put it in a zip lock bag, and crush it with the rolling pin to make a fine powdered form.
- Smash banana in a mixing bowl. Also, take peanut butter and crushed dog food in it. Mix these 3 ingredients well.
- Now, place a bone-shaped cookie cutter on a plate.
- Fill it with a mixture prepared with dog food and put in the freezer for approximately 6-7 hours.
- After 7 hours, take it out of the freezer and garnish it with dog treats.
8. Steamed dog's birthday cake
- 2-3 medium-size carrots
- 1 bowl full of broccoli
- 500 grams of minced chicken
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 cup of non-flavored yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Dog biscuits for topping
- Take carrots in a mixing jar and grind them. Similarly, do with broccolis.
- Take them in separate bowls. Now, divide the minced chicken into two equal portions (250g each) in both the bowls and mix with carrots and broccoli.
- Mix grated cheese in both bowls.
- Take cake mold and grease it with coconut oil.
- Place broccoli mixture first, then carrot mixture.
- Cover the mold with a tin foil sheet and steam it for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is preparing, make the frosting by mixing yogurt and honey and whisk it well to make proper consistency.
- After 30 minutes, keep the cake aside to cool down. Then, take out the cake from the mold and spread the frosting on it.
- Garnish the cake with dog biscuits (or you can use treats too).
No Time To Bake? No Worries!
You can occasionally order dog cake at dog bakeries. The Dog Bakery makes dog birthday cakes in a few different shapes and colors available in wheat free or grain free! Check them out!